Old July 18th 16, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:20:29 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:56:07 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:01:36 on Sat, 16 Jul
2016, d remarked:

I thought Khan only wanted to extend the clean air zone to the north and
south circulars, not the cc zone:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...n-to-double-si

ndons-clean-air-zone-pollution

Thats even worse since anyone who lives inside the north circ and has a
car
older than 10 years (I think) won't be able to drive it!

It's a fee for any diesel that doesn't meet the emission standards
introduced ten years ago. Older ones might, if the manufacturers fitted
a compliant engine earlier than absolutely necessary.

There are a lot of cars owned by people living in inner london that are
more
than 10 years old, usually because they can't afford a newer one.

I've got a car from 06, it's worth perhaps 1200 pounds.

how much cheaper than that do you expect to get (and still get a car that
reliably starts every time you want it to?)

If someone is on minium wage then 1200 quid is a lot of money. Why do you
think there's such a big market for few hundred quid bangers? Drive around
some of the poorer areas of London and note the years on the reg plates.
Even in my normal middle class street there are quite a few pre 2000 vehicles.

I think it's only old diesels that are affected. Small old cars are rarely
diesels.