Old July 18th 16, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Optimist Optimist is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:02:14 +0100, "tim..." wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
Optimist wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 08:23:19 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 17:57:23 on
Sun, 17 Jul 2016, Optimist remarked:

Countries outside the "single market" sell into it all the time.

Of course they do, but have to deal with tariffs and quotas.

Unless they sign a free trade agreement. The EU has FTAs with many
countries which do not involve
adhering to the EU's single market rules.

But that trade involves a lot more paperwork than trade within the single
market. So, although there aren't tariffs, the trade isn't frictionless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36083664

Though the argument is, that that friction is a price worth paying in order
to simplify our trade with ROW (and even intra-UK, for that matter)

Fully analysed, that pov might not be right, but Remainers can't simply
dismiss it as not existing (which is the generally the approach used so far)

tim

The rules apply both ways. It will cost EU countries also to sell to the UK, and they sell to us far
more than we buy from them. So in my view they will want to do a deal. The Germans already do.