Old July 18th 16, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Conductors axed from NB4L/New Routemaster/Boris Bus

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:33:33 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
If someone is on minium wage then 1200 quid is a lot of money. Why do you
think there's such a big market for few hundred quid bangers? Drive around
some of the poorer areas of London and note the years on the reg plates.
Even in my normal middle class street there are quite a few pre 2000

vehicles.

I think it's only old diesels that are affected. Small old cars are rarely
diesels.

Is it only diesels? Yes, there will be fewer of them about except for transits
which seem to go on forever.

Will be interesting to see if Kahn intends to apply this rule to buses, some
of which are knocking on a bit out in the suburbs where old buses go to die.

--
Spud