Old July 18th 16, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London

On 2016-07-17 08:45:12 +0000, Recliner said:

Many of the woes of the Club Med EU members are because of their
membership
of the euro at unrealistic exchange rates, not the EU. The EU has
probably
been widened a bit too much, but it is the Eurozone that has been
extended
to far too many countries. If the rules for entry were more stringent,
and
extremely strict, Italy, Spain and Greece, and maybe even France, would
not
have been allowed, let alone forced, to join. So a Eurozone with perhaps
half a dozen Northern European members would probably have worked well,
and
a few more EU countries might have been motivated to run their economies
better with the motivation to join. But there would never be 18 members.

TBH I think the Euro has run its course - cards are widely accepted

at a 3% mark up

(YMMV - happy to be told where I, someone with irregular income, can get one
that doesn't)

and money is easily converted

At margins of up to 30% - yes I really did see people charging that much on
holiday last week

tim