Old July 18th 16, 06:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 andTurning South London Orange?

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:16:20 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 11:22:57 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message

I want us to be able to trade with our European neighbours. But I
also
want us to have absolute control of our borders so we can limit the
numbers of non-UK people that we allow in

The UK is not in Schengen, so it has control over its borders already.

No we don't

in Schengen or otherwise, EU rules

EEA rules.

forbid us from excluding entry for
another EU citizen except in very exceptional circumstances. If someone
has
an EU passport,

Valid EEA ID card or passport.

they are in, end of.

The (usual) reasons for wanting to exclude someone:

Failing to produce the above.

Actually, failure to produce the relevant ID document is not a "usual"
reason for waning to exclude someone.

You had better tell the chap/ess who wrote the Border Force's
instruction book. Various reasons for refusal are clearly stated and
are reasonably expected events of which failure to prooduce suitably
ID is a rather basic reason although there is discretion allowed

Think about how that works in practice

you have a person in front of you who has "lost" his ID

you refuse him entry and insist that the carrier return him to his point of
origin

he gets the

stands in front of border control tells them that he has lost his ID, they
refuse him entry and insist that the carrier return him to his point of
origin

He gets there, stands in front of border control, tells them he has lost his
ID

tim