Old July 19th 16, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Awful journey planners

On 18/07/2016 18:30, Peter Smyth wrote: (on Google Maps)
It doesn't seem to have weekend closures though, for next Saturday it
is advising me to use the District Line to Wimbledon even though the
branch is closed.

Ah that's a good test. I was impressed by the recommendations higher up
the thread to use CityMapper, and it does seem better in many ways than
the TfL or NR journey planners, in that it suggests a number of
alternatives, has times for changing trains etc., and has timings for a
set of buses/tubes/trains, not just the one it thinks you will take.

But I just tried it for Embankment to Wimbledon for next Saturday and it
does indeed suggest taking the District Line. Pity.

--
Clive Page