Old July 19th 16, 02:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London Orange?

In message , at 13:55:26 on
Tue, 19 Jul 2016, remarked:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:43:42 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:21:02 on Mon, 18 Jul
2016, tim... remarked:
And at least we had a significant say, and sometimes a veto, over other
rules that did affect us. They'll probably still affect us when we're
outside the EU, but now we have no say, and certainly no veto.

Oh so the company that refurbishes antique mercury-based scientific
instruments didn't have to close its operation because the EU banned
the sale of these instruments, then?

Do you approve of scrapping the ban on trading in ivory too?

That's completely different though, isn't

(It's a ridiculous comparison and you ought to fell ashamed making it)

It's every much the same sort of thing: banning a commodity because it's
harmful/unethical or whatever.

Elephants don't get a choice if poachers decide to kill them,

Nor do people in the vicinity of spilt mercury get a choice.

those who wish to handle scientific instruments with Mercury in them
can make the choice and decide for themselves after assessing the
risk.

Only if they are competent to assess the risk. And even then, their risk
assessment might be based on decades out of date standards.

Your comparison was silly.

I was drawing out the "grandfathering" aspect, correctly as it tuns out.