Old May 16th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Piccadilly Pilot Piccadilly Pilot is offline

Default ELL in peril yet again

Stephen Richards wrote:

I agree with the originator of this thread - I don't see what all the
fuss is about. Yes, it would be nice to have, and it's a disgrace
that it is being stopped (if it is) after starting work because we
"can't afford" cost of 3.5 miiles of new track, but it's not a great
addition to the London network, and hardly a major infrastructure
build that is worth trumpeting from the rooftops..

A factor being overlooked when discussing the proposed service over the ELL
is that having reconnected it to the national railway network is that
through services from further afield will be able to make cross London
journeys, "resident" service frequency permitting of course.