Old July 26th 16, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Garden bridge paused

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 04:52:06 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
There's some piling work going on in the river, whether it's for the
garden bridge or not, I don't know.

Apparently not. It now looks like the bridge will get canned, after £38m
has been spent before any actual construction work. Apparently Boris is the
only cabinet minister in favour, and there's no enthusiasm in City Hall.

Can't say I'm surprised. A nice idea in times of plenty, but completely
inappropriate right now when the money could be spent on far more important
projects.

airport (no support, Heathrow expansion now more likely), cable car (still
running, but little used) and new Routemaster bus (no more open platforms,

Wonder how long before the doors close on the cable car. Its obviously losing
money and that can't be sustained for long.

no more to be ordered). His only legacy might be the cycling stuff.

Was it actually Boris that initiated that? I have a vague recollection of
the ground work being done by Ken.

--
Spud