Old May 16th 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Westway today (Sunday 16th)

On Sun, 16 May 2004 21:23:38 +0100, congokid
wrote in :
No sooner had I driven on to it from Marylebone Road when traffic ground
to a halt. I was almost at the exit for the Paddington Central
development. After sitting there for about 20 minutes, it became
apparent that further traffic was prevented from driving onto the
flyover, so I and everyone else began to reverse back to the nearest off
ramp.

I heard a brief report on the radio about an accident on the Westway,
but no details and nothing on the news websites yet.

Anyone hear more?

LBC 1152 AM would probably be your friend -- travel reports every 10
minutes on the 1 minute. I think Westway was a motorcycle accident, but
I wasn't paying particular attention (having my own motorcycle problems
today -- nothing that a bit of diethyl ether didn't eventually cure...).

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN