Old May 16th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Westway today (Sunday 16th)

congokid wrote:
No sooner had I driven on to it from Marylebone Road when traffic
ground to a halt. I was almost at the exit for the Paddington
Central development. After sitting there for about 20 minutes, it
became apparent that further traffic was prevented from driving
onto the flyover, so I and everyone else began to reverse back to
the nearest off ramp.

I heard a brief report on the radio about an accident on the
Westway, but no details and nothing on the news websites yet.

Anyone hear more?

According to the RAC web site a few minutes ago (edited text):

A40 Westbound, Junction With North Circular Road (A406) (Exit Slip
Road).
The exit slip road is closed due to a vehicle fire. Emergency services
are in attendance. Motorists are advised to use an alternative junction
to avoid further delays.

A40 Westbound, Paddington Green, Westway.
There is an accident partially blocking the road. Delays expected,
please approach with care.

--
Richard J.