Old August 3rd 16, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail Elizabeth Line trainset unveiled

On 03 Aug 2016 11:29:56 +0100 (BST), Theo
wrote:

Recliner wrote:
It replaces Heathrow Connect, which terminates at T4. HEx has T5. But I
still doubt the long term future of HEx. If it gets merged into Crossrail,
then all the terminals would be served by the same Tube and Rail services,
which would be much simpler.

Assuming a unified fares structure, does the layout preclude HEx
trains running into the Crossrail tunnel? eg fast Heathrow-Paddington, then
taking the tunnel and going to Abbey Wood, say? I can understand Heathrow
passengers not wanting an additional 6 stops between Heathrow and
Paddington.

No, only the Relief lines are connected to the tunnel. Trains on the
Main lines would have to cross the Reliefs on the flat to access the
tunnel.

Actually, I don't think I've seen the service pattern fully described
anywhere. (ie which branches will be joined together, what will fast and
slow trains do, how many trains will turn back and where - the 'route
diagrams', not just 'X trains per hour to central London'). Has it been
publically stated?

From memory, there will be four Abbey Wood trains an hour to Heathrow.
The two Reading trains will go to the Shenfield branch. All the
Crossrail trains are, I think, stoppers.