Old August 3rd 16, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster outage

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 03/08/2016 01:01,
wrote:

The mystery is why I was charged an off-peak fare on the way back so I
needn't have bothered. I will know more in the morning.

Journeys into zone 1 in the evening peak period (1600-1900) are
charged as off-peak - this has been the case for several years on the
Tube (and other TfL tariff journeys), and was introduced more
recently for NR tariff journeys.

Of course! I'd forgotten that. Pity the journey history didn't mention that
and I forget to look at Single Fare finder for the return journey which
doesn't list the evening peak at all.

Just as well we didn't go back to Tottenham Hale then. We got off there on
the way to Kew. Because my wife only has a Network Railcard she had a
travelcard because the Network Card minimum fare means it's cheaper for her.
For me, with a Senior Railcard and making only 2 tube journeys within zones
1-3, Oyster with the railcard registered (which I'm pleased to say now shows
on journey history screens. Hooray!) would have been cheaper even paying a
peak fare back.

--
Colin Rosenstiel