Old August 5th 16, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Bob is offline

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

Robin9 wrote:

Someone Somewhere;157370 Wrote:

Were no black cab drivers picked up on any infringments (however small)

or is Operation Neon solely targeted at the private hire trade?
-

I'm not sure how public safety is increased by giving private hire
drivers parking tickets, and I suspect most people using minicabs
don't care if the driver is not displaying his badge. It will be
interesting to see if the new mayor will have any really
constructive ideas in his "wider programme."
-

Indeed - and in particular with Uber you know who the driver is from the

app and can recognise them from their photo. Uber also track their
drivers activity and it's very easy to complain about them if they do
the wrong thing - something that's nowhere near as easy with
conventional private hire companies and/or black cab drivers (if a black

cab driver takes a circuitous route, what's your come back when the only

person to complain to is the driver themselves and there's an absence of

proof of the route followed)

According to the "statement" only private hire drivers were
involved. The mayor is, of course, a professional politician.
For some reason I've never understood, it seems politicians
feel it's both respectable and legitimate to regard minicab
drivers with open suspicion and dislike. This is particularly true
of pseudo-liberal politicians who make a great song and dance
about opposing prejudice.[/i][/color]

I think the true motivation becomes clear if you read it as minicab = Uber.

Robin