Old August 8th 16, 10:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail Elizabeth Line trainset unveiled

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 11:14:37 +0100, Phil wrote:

On 08/08/16 09:45, d wrote:
On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 20:48:17 +0100
"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
On 01/08/2016 09:56,
d wrote:
Apparently a lot are heading up to the liverpool & manchester area. Curiously
they're removing their 3rd rail shoegear which means they can't run on the
merseyrail system which seems a bit shortsighted to me. You'd think the more
flexibility the better.

It's possible that the shoegear is out of gauge for somewhere up there.
I think that's why the 365s had it removed when moved from south of the
river to WAGN-as-was.

Possibly. Though you'd think NR would keep most of the network in gauge for
3rd rail simply because there may well be a class 92 or 73 trundling along
there one day.

Don't 92s have/had third rail shoes which can be lifted above the normal
level when not in use, for precisely this reason.

The cock and valve diagram for 92s
[
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99279135@N05/16825734107] seems to
confirm that.