Old August 8th 16, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mobile Phone Users on Trains / Busses

In article ,
(Jarle Hammen Knudsen) wrote:

On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 02:29:54 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

SWT guards always wait a few minutes before releasing the doors.

Why? Must be frustrating to people getting off.

It is, on Windsor Lines local services that I used to take from time to
time. I think it was only partly the guard getting to a door position,
opening a door, stepping out onto the platform to see if it was safe to open
the doors and opening them. And for the automatic equipment to work out
where the train was and which side the doors should open.

--
Colin Rosenstiel