Old August 11th 16, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

tim... wrote:

"Someone Somewhere" wrote in message
On 11/08/2016 09:13, Robin9 wrote:

That Uber don't like these new requirements and have prepared
a ready-made email for their drivers to send to TfL indicates three
things:

1) A lot of Uber drivers don't speak English very well;
2) Taking back in house the testing of private hire drivers and
setting even a moderate standard will immediately reduce the
number of new entrants;
3) The propaganda put out by the "remain" group that all
immigrants working in this country were exceptionally gifted
people unmatched by any Briton was nonsense.

Why do we want less cabbies (of all types, including black and private
hire) anyway? Most other industries are left to set their own level of
employees and even where people are self-employed the market is somewhat
self-balancing.

because by being a self employed person and "earning" minimum wage for the
minimum number of hours, entitles you to in work benefits.

That may not be very much for as single guy, but bring your family over and
you soon get someone earning 8K a year, "contributing" 300 quid in NI and
taxes and then leaching 20 grand a year in benefits.

We can't stop Brits doing this, but we damned well ought to be able top stop
foreigners doing it

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about stopping the Brits doing it -
it's the lazy, waste of space scum that won't work for a living that make
that Septic Isle a ********, not the immigrants who do the jobs you're too
lazy to.