Old August 11th 16, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

On 2016-08-10 19:10:47 +0000, Recliner said:

Transport bosses have defended new regulations requiring private hire
drivers to pass a test in English, following criticism from Uber.

I don't have a problem with that idea. English is the main language
spoken in the UK. I should be able to expect to communicate in English
with any customer facing person I deal with in any industry in the UK,
just as I would expect that if I wanted a job in France I would have to
speak basic, understandable French, and German in Germany etc.

I don't care about where they are from (provided they are here legally)
but I do agree with the principle of not making communication awkward.

Neil
--
Neil Williams