Old May 17th 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

k wrote:
On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:00:38 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

Correct. If you read the Oyster blurb, you will see that there is no
requirement to do so.

The exceptions being if starting or ending your DLR journey at a Tube
station, or when joining the DLR at Bank.

Not sure what you mean by this? Why do you need to swipe it even if
you started or finished at a tube station? The validators at Bank
STILL weren't working when I last passed through there - why is this
taking so long?

Personally, if I'm using a
Travelcard I just touch in and out anyway as it avoids unresolved
journeys.

What are the implications of "unresolved journeys"?

Your PrePay account will become negative and the gates will not let you
in until the PrePay account on the Oyster is zero or positive.

Brad