Old August 16th 16, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

In message , at 15:29:35 on Tue, 16
Aug 2016, Neil Williams remarked:
On 2016-08-16 11:14:23 +0000, Roland Perry said:

In London it's much more than that. One of the black cab's main
complaints is that Uber cars illegally (as in "waiting") congregate
outside various venues, and as well as in effect being hailed by
people leaving the venue, block the parking/kerbside so black cabs
can't be easily hailed, or drop off.

Given the significant disruption black cabs stopping where they feel
like in London, particularly in bus lanes, cause to other modes of
transport, again particularly buses, I can't help but have a quiet
giggle about that and wish Uber the best of luck.

The black cabs only stop there one at a time when picking up or setting
down (which is no more of a hindrance than buses at stops getting in the
way of taxis). Not whole clusters of them for long periods.

Personally, I think stopping on Red Routes and in bus lanes should be
prohibited for everyone at all times, taxis included,

I quite like the way some cities overseas prohibit taxis stopping on the
main drag, and make them go into a side road. he only problem there is
that so many side-roads in London are now blocked off as anti-rat-run
measures!