Old August 16th 16, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

In article ,

On 2016-08-16 12:44:14 +0000,
said:

Certainly not true in Cambridge. Our experience over more than ten years
is that hire car drivers invariably come to the door in Cambridge.
London's hire car market is obviously a complete shambles.

I find a reversal between minicabs and black cabs outside London - in
MK at least it's the black cabs that are the fly-by-night pirates,
often refusing to use meters etc, and the private hire companies that
are reputable, using quality modern cars, not overcharging and
generally offering a good service that is also cheaper.

I see what you mean but Cambridge isn't that bad. A lot of hackney carriages
are operated by hire car operators.

--
Colin Rosenstiel