Old August 17th 16, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default How crashy is a crash?

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 09:13:10 on Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Recliner
remarked:
I heard on the BBC at 8am that the QEII bridge was closed owing to a
crash that happened at 2am. There is no mention of when it might
reopen. I suppose that if the crash is very serious then it might be
closed permanently.

I wonder what the crash was like? If it has taken a mnimum of six hours
to clear up then I'm imagining something like Transformers: Age of
Extinction sellotaped to Final Destination 5.

I know we complain when it takes the railways half a day to clear up
after a fairly minor bash, but QE2 bridge is trumping that.

One car crashed into the central barrier, and they are having to replace
27m of it. Apparently this requires them to close all eight lanes
indefinitely!

What central barrier?

That's what the news reports call it.

And where did the extra four lanes come from? It's a one-way, four
lane bridge.

Brain fart due to mention of central barrier.