Old May 17th 04, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Piccadilly Pilot Piccadilly Pilot is offline

Default That 'sicknote' Tube driver

k wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:31:13 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

But I can well imagine that someone could play half an hour of squash
*knowing that you can stop at any time* but not spend 3 hours
driving a train *unable to stop*.

So if a driver becomes unwell he has to carry on til it is convenient
for hime to stop working? I'd call that extremely dangerous
procedures.

That is a hazard of one person operation. When there was a guard on the
train, the guard could take the train forward to the next relieveing point
albeit out of service.