Old August 24th 16, 12:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail stations

wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Basil Jet wrote on 23 Aug 2016 at 22:00 ...
This video is about 6 weeks old, but I don't recall seeing it before. Is
it my imagination or is the name text over the entrance to TCR station
in a font other than Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeitUQsA1Fs

Well spotted. Yes, the text over the entrance for TCR and also
Paddington have C, G and R that are quite different to those letters
in Johnston. They look like Helvetica to me, though they might be
the similar Rail Alphabet which was British Rail's corporate typeface
from 1965 until the late 80s.

Liverpool Street as well unless I'm mistaken. Looked more like Helvetica
than Rail Alphabet to me although the shots are brief.

Aren't they all just computer-generated images? Perhaps the person
producing them didn't have the right fonts installed on their machine.