Old August 24th 16, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 09:50:19AM -0000, Recliner wrote:

Uber is more likely to be used by people who are out and about. Once a
driver has been assigned, Uber sends the client a description of the car,
and it's up to the customer to identify it and get in.

The app notifies you shortly before the driver arrives. If you don't
make yourself obvious to the driver quickly then IME he phones you.

Someone getting a mini cab from home is more likely to phone their local
firm,

Are they? I certainly don't, partly because Uber are cheaper and
quicker, partly because the app is more convenient.

which will be cheaper

IME Uber is cheaper than a local cab office.

and more likely to have a car available locally.

At least where I live Uber has sufficiently good coverage that they're
actually more likely to have a car available quickly than the local cab
office.

They will also accept pre-bookings, which Uber does not.

Yes, that's the only reason I ever use any cab company other than Uber
now.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

European immigration: making Britain great since AD43