Old August 24th 16, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 08:21:49 on Wed, 24 Aug
2016,
d remarked:
When I commuted by SWT (Surrey, inside the M25) it took me an hour
and a quarter, door to door.

I did it from Cambridge in less than that when I worked in
Westminster.

Does that include the time to get to cambridge station, wait for the
train to turn up, the tube at the other end and then walking to your
office? My hour is door to door, not just the tube trip.

Yes, I could do it in and hour and a quarter to an hour and a half, door
to door. An hour and a quarter is what was claimed.

Given that a trip on the tube in the rush hour from KX to westminster is
probably 20 - 30 mins , you must live very close to cambridge station and
turn up 30 secs before the train arrives.

Colin cycles.

To Cambridge station at least. I forget my record time but I'm sure it's
under 10 minutes. Cycling King's Cross to Westminster is more like 15
minutes, as is the Victoria and Jubilee lines. I agree it takes longer going
home because one has to allow to get the train at King's Cross.

--
Colin Rosenstiel