Old August 24th 16, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Looking for Irreverent Nickname for Elizabeth Line

On 2016\08\24 19:17, Offramp wrote:
I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail is going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth Line while still being understood. I suppose Liz Line will be popular, along with Lizzy Line and Betty Line.

What was that name Private Eye gave her? I might use that.

It will be the only "tube" line with proper air-con,
so I'm calling it Unsweaty Betty.