Old August 26th 16, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Trip to Stansted Airport

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 13:21:29 on Fri, 26 Aug
2016, " remarked:
The last I heard from the utterly-reliable Govia Thameslink company it
was planned to extend Oyster/contactless cards to Luton Airport by
"autumn 2016". Indeed ticket barriers there and at Luton station had
"Oyster" pads fitted at least a year ago (originally with a sign saying
they were not yet working), but a wikipedia page says the timescale is
now "by 2018" which implies a considerable slip. Does anyone have any
more up-to-date information?

Right.

And what's the deal with trips out to Stansted at this time?

If you mean "today", then buy a paper ticket. AGA probably have
e-tickets too, but buyer beware because the T&C are very
customer-hostile.

In what way? I didn't notice anything in particular when using m-tickets for
CBG-LST trips.

--
Colin Rosenstiel