Old August 29th 16, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Sadiq Khan and TfL on taxis and minicabs

In message , at 11:34:49 on Mon, 29 Aug
2016, tim... remarked:

No, I was asking you for evidence that they were any worse than other
minicab firms. You alleged that they were, but with no evidence.

The evidence is that they argue that the rules don't apply to them
because they aren't a cab company, but a tech company (and as a new
start-up deserve special favours)

hat's true, and to some extent I can see their point - about being a
tech company.

eBay doesn't claim to be responsible for the regulatory compliance of
every item that their users put up for sale. It just puts buyers and
sellers in touch.

Having said that, they do have a rather long list of things you aren't
allowed to sell: including train tickets.

Uber's "problem", if we can call it that, is only having one product for
sale, and so people assume it's up to speed with the compliance of its
sellers.

On the other hand, such problems don't appear to affect TheTrainlne,
unless I've missed all the complaints that they refuse to pay
compensation when the train is late, or people don't get a seat.