Old August 30th 16, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Quicker to walk?

tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
I don't know how long this has been around, but I'd not seen it befo

"Walking can be a quick and easy way to get around, particularly when
travelling during the busiest times, which are 08:00-09:00 and 17:30-18:30
Monday to Friday. The table below shows some popular journeys within zones
1 and 2 that are quicker to walk."

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/walking-tu...rney-times.pdf

I don't believe that there's a single person in the whole world who gets the
tube from Bayswater to Queensway, or Gt Portland St to Regents Park.

It's bleeding obvious to anyone who has a map, that when you are standing at
one of these stations that then other one of the pair is 2 minutes walk up
the road.

What does happen though is that people making a longer journey make a change
to get to one of the stations when they could have stayed on the line that
they are on to get to its pair.

You're probably right, but I've seen lots of tourists apparently using the
Tube map as their map of London, with no sign of a street map.