Old August 30th 16, 11:03 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default London Bridge new station concourse open

e27002 aurora wrote on 30 Aug 2016 at 18:43 ...
Overall the new station looks excellent. The font on the fixed signs
is not great. Gill Sans would have been markedly better.

The font is presumably NR Brunel, Network Rail's current standard for
signage. The only full character set that I've found is buried in the NR
document "Managed Stations Wayfinding" on page 10 (numbered as page 20
in my downloaded PDF file). It can be downloaded from
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...Guidelines.pdf

It's difficult to comment on the signage based on Recliner's photos, but
I would doubt if Gill Sans would be "markedly better". What don't you
like about the NR Brunel font?

--
Richard J.

---