Old August 31st 16, 06:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mark Bestley[_2_] Mark Bestley[_2_] is offline

Default Southern starts to return to sanity

Recliner wrote:

Peter Smyth wrote:
Recliner wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:

All metro trains back on. They'll be celebrating at Birkbeck!

http://www.southernrailway.com/south...ores-over-100-
trains-to-timetable/

I'm assuming it's because the erstwhile guards are now OBSs, and even
if they keep striking, it will no longer mean their DOO capable
trains have to be cancelled? In fact, from GTR's point of view, this
could be the best option: costs go down, as the frequently striking
OBSs won't have to be paid, but the pax and DfT bosses will be happy
that the trains keep running.

Not really, the metro trains never had guards in the first place.

It's not just metro services that are being restored:

The following services to be restored on 5th September a

All inner-London "metro" services

Guildford – Leatherhead

Sutton – Streatham via Wimbledon

London Bridge – Beckenham Junction

On the West London Line 26 services will now operate, some as far as Milton
Keynes, where, currently, just eight services have been running between
Clapham and Watford Junction only

Of those only the WLL and Guildford – Leatherhead (and I am not certain
about those) have guards/OBS and the latter runs for a longer time
Leatherhead-London without them

--
Mark