Old September 2nd 16, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Heaton[_4_] James Heaton[_4_] is offline

Default Quicker to walk?

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 08:15:44 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
I don't know how long this has been around, but I'd not seen it befo

"Walking can be a quick and easy way to get around, particularly when
travelling during the busiest times, which are 08:00-09:00 and
17:30-18:30
Monday to Friday. The table below shows some popular journeys within
zones
1 and 2 that are quicker to walk."

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/walking-tu...rney-times.pdf

I don't believe that there's a single person in the whole world who gets
the
tube from Bayswater to Queensway, or Gt Portland St to Regents Park.

It's bleeding obvious to anyone who has a map, that when you are standing
at
one of these stations that then other one of the pair is 2 minutes walk up
the road.

What does happen though is that people making a longer journey make a
change
to get to one of the stations when they could have stayed on the line that
they are on to get to its pair.

I once stopped a colleague trying to take the tube from Lancaster Gate
to Paddington. A bit further than Bayswater to Queensway but still
much, much faster than the tube.

Yes that was my father's great timesaver in the days when, a couple of times
a month, he took an early train from Cardiff for meetings adjacent to St
Paul's.

He reckoned that it made the difference between getting the 6am and the 6:30
from Cardiff for a 9:30 meeting, back in the days when Cardiff trains only
took about 1:50!

James