Old September 2nd 16, 02:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Quicker to walk?

In message , at
07:07:29 on Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Offramp remarked:
Even longer distances can be competitive. I met several colleagues
on a train into Paddington. We were all going to Victoria Coach
Station. They took the Circle (as it was then) and I walked across
the park and arrived 3 minutes after they did.

Bloody hell, did they go via Aldgate?

...And which park is meant? Is it Hyde and Green sellotaped together?

Anyone walking through Green Park on a short cut from Paddington to
Victoria is lost.

In other news, Google maps says it's a 46 minute walk, and 20 minutes on
the Circle; but it's not unknown that the Circle is unreliable, has a 10
minute latency, and some people walk fast.