Old May 17th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Piccadilly line extension to Terminal 5/Heathrow Express extensionto T5

Boltar wrote:
Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote in message ...

In message , Martin
Whelton writes

Do we know when construction work is due to start on the Piccadilly
extension to Terminal 5 as I understand that tunneling work was due to
be finished by next year. I also understand that Terminal 4 would be
temporaily closed during the construction period.

Tunnelling is well under way and I believe the station box is all but
finished.

Will the station be in the JLE style with platform doors or will it be
like T123 & Hatton Cross?

B2003

I doubt there will be PEDs as Jubilee drivers had to receive special
training for theirs - there's not much point having to train all
Piccadilly drivers to do this for just one station. There may be some
technical issues too but I'm not sure about those.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7