Old September 4th 16, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Can you visit every underground station on one fare?

In message , at 17:56:53
on Sat, 3 Sep 2016, remarked:
London PAYG single journeys have a time limit, so it's a non-starter. So
you need a Travelcard, assuming you don't already have some kind of pass.

When we did it (in 1970 admittedly) we negotiated a special ticket from LT.
It was a write valid for the whole day between "All stations served by LT
Trains". It was accepted on the 03:59 BR train from Liverpool St which we
took to Upminster in time for the 04:59 District service but a ticket
collector at Watford Junction tried to take it off us because it said
"Single ticket".

There wasn't a regular ticket valid in the peaks and covering everywhere
then. Now a Peak Day Travelcard should cover it, shouldn't it?

From time to time there have been "all day rover tickets" but perhaps
only from 9/10am onwards.