Old September 4th 16, 09:48 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Although I'm only the messenger here, passing on what
has been sent to me by my insurers, I find the details of
the message encouraging.

Two owners of car firms are quoted as noting a substantial
increase in business since working with this app, and one
indicates that customers are returning from Uber. You can
argue that all this might be pure fiction and that the quoted
car firms don't exist. I certainly haven't bothered to check.

However, as I suspect that many Uber customers like the
ease and convenience of using an app, rather than liking Uber
itself, I also suspect they will have no brand loyalty. If a
competitor offers the same ease and convenience, it is plausible
that customers will switch. Therefore this report is credible.

Obviously a wait and see approach makes sense. Incidentally
I have no dog in this fight as I don't use cabs. I have my own
car plus a Freedom Pass.