Old September 6th 16, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Can you visit every underground station on one fare?

In article ,
(BirchangerKen) wrote:

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 20:13:14 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,
(John Levine)
wrote:

Read all about it:

http://www.thetubechallenge.com/tube-challenge-rules

Is there a generally accepted optimal route for attempting the
challenge within these rules? Presumably there are certain parts of
the network that impose constraints so have to be done at particular
times.

Read all about it:

http://www.thetubechallenge.com/projectplan

All far too sophisticated for 1970! No WTT for a start and not even a
pocket calculator to carry around. We did have some contingencies set up
to cover extra bits, mainly in Zone 1, if we got ahead of our timetable.
We were 40 minutes up until the bloody 107 bus let us down so badly.

Ah. I could have warned you about that! I used to live on the 107, and
in 1970 it would have been one of London's longest central buses
routes. Delays were the norm.

Mind you, it was handy for a trip to Aldenham Works.

Annoyingly it was running on time apart from one bus in a 20-minute interval
service being cancelled. It was also slow getting to High Barnet so we just
missed the train we needed. We had to get the right one to get to Mill Hill
East (where the photo was taken) and back.

None of that would have mattered had we visited South Harrow, the only way
in those days to find out the exact evening timetable there, beforehand.

--
Colin Rosenstiel