Old September 7th 16, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Trip to Stansted Airport

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 22:54:46 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

On 28/08/2016 13:20, wrote:
[...]
All I was saying that similar mishaps can befall paper tickets and they are
smaller and easier to mislay inadvertently. So both methods are subject to
risks that can be guarded against.

I carry an external battery pack precisely to ensure my phone keeps working
all day.

Which itself also needs to be charged up, not mislaid and remembered!

I carry such a pack, but when I tried to use it recently, it was flat,
despite having just been recharged. It turns out that it will no longer
hold a charge, and is basically now junk. So you can add another step to
your checklist: occasionally check that the pack still works!

Or just use a dumbphone. The battery in mine lasts a minimum of a week with
use, probably two or more on standby though I've never tested it.

--
Spud