Old September 8th 16, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Quicker to walk?

On 30/08/2016 23:28, Graham Harrison wrote:
[...]
I once stopped a colleague trying to take the tube from Lancaster Gate
to Paddington. A bit further than Bayswater to Queensway but still
much, much faster than the tube.

Even longer distances can be competitive. I met several colleagues
on a train into Paddington. We were all going to Victoria Coach
Station. They took the Circle (as it was then) and I walked across
the park and arrived 3 minutes after they did.

Bus (36 or 436) is good for Padd-Victoria.

If taking the Tube and in a hurry then Bakerloo & Vic lines.

I often think that one of the problems is that we all call the
Underground map a map. It's a diagram and if people understood that
some (but not all) would find out about the alternatives.