Old September 14th 16, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default Abbey Wood, latest pictures

On 02/09/2016 18:04, wrote:
The bit that surprises me is that the DC tracks still run into Euston since
the 378s can be dual voltage so all trains to the terminus could be 25KV
electrified. The signalling is older and may have fewer immunisation
problems for now.

It will have been immunised back at the days of installation and again
when resignalled in the noughties. So no work is required.

I don't think you want the 378 raising/lowering pans right at Camden
Junction and clogging it up. And you can't do it on the New Lines
because there's no clearance for wires. So they need to run into Euston
on third rail anyway.