Old September 14th 16, 08:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Abbey Wood, latest pictures

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:23:40 +0100, "
wrote:

On 14.09.16 10:46, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
On 02/09/2016 22:13, Recliner wrote:
Incidentally, how are the Crossrail lines named in terms of "up" and
"down"?

I've read that it will use Tube-like Eastbound and Westbound on its own
segregated tracks. Presumably it'll use the existing Up and Down terms on
shared tracks, like the GWML.

That makes sense.

While it would be possible to change from Up to Down at (say) Pudding
Mill Lane portal, I doubt they want the risks of confusion.

Is that the way it works on Thameslink?

The KSW2 sectional appendix uses Up v Down for both sides away from
the zero point 4 chains north of Farringdon substation/62 chains south
of Farringdon station, at least for what little of the northerly route
(abutting LN3213) shows in SO280 of the Kent/Sussex/Wessex appendix.

http://www.ontracconnect.co.uk/files...20MCL.2970.pdf
[East Midlands route engineering arrangements WON 07 2015/2016]
also uses Up v Down for LN3213 Farringdon to Kentish Town junction.

I notice that the starter at SPILL has a D theatre-light indication.
Does that indicate down?