Old September 14th 16, 08:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Abbey Wood, latest pictures

wrote:
On 14.09.16 10:46, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
On 02/09/2016 22:13, Recliner wrote:
Incidentally, how are the Crossrail lines named in terms of "up" and
"down"?

I've read that it will use Tube-like Eastbound and Westbound on its own
segregated tracks. Presumably it'll use the existing Up and Down terms on
shared tracks, like the GWML.

That makes sense.

While it would be possible to change from Up to Down at (say) Pudding
Mill Lane portal, I doubt they want the risks of confusion.

Is that the way it works on Thameslink?

I notice that the starter at SPILL has a D theatre-light indication.
Does that indicate down?

Farringdon is where an Up train becomes a Down train.