Old September 15th 16, 08:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default 55 Broadway

Mizter T wrote:

On 15/09/2016 20:18, Recliner wrote:

bob wrote:

I am always a bit suspicious of phrases like "no longer suitable" in this
kind of context. Seems to me like moving the offices to a cheaper location
so the prime real estate can be sold for lots of money is a big driver
here.

Yes, that's certainly the case, but not being able to change anything in a
grade 1 listed building with a leaky roof is probably a major factor, too.
TfL long outgrew the building, and has multiple other London offices.

I don't think TfL or LT beforehand ever housed all its head offices at
55 Broadway. Windsor House on Victoria Street is in effect TfL HQ.

Yes, I photographed Windsor House from 55 Broadway.

At present, I think TfL's other major offices are at the Palestra
building on Blackfriars Rd (opposite Southwark Tube) and Pier Walk on
the Greenwich Peninsula (next to the Dome).

What was the PCO, now TPH, moved from its well known address on Penton
St to the Palestra a few years back.

LU also have an office at Westferry Circus at Canary Wharf, inherited
from the Tube Lines infraco that TfL bought out. Apparently this Terry
Farrell building was a potential home for the new GLA, though obviously
that never happened and instead City Hall found its home in the glass
testicle on the south side of Tower Bridge.

Do you know if staff from some of those other TfL offices will also be
moving to Stratford? I assume some must be.