Old September 16th 16, 12:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default 55 Broadway

In message , at 10:10:57 on
Fri, 16 Sep 2016, David C remarked:

There's not much parking in many new developments these days. For
example the most expensive new flats in Cambridge specifically had less
than one space (which cost extra) per apartment.

Wow!

We're looking for another house, (to replace the two we currently own)
with a double garage as a minimum requirement, but a triple would be
better.

Yes, people's requirements differ. If I had a flat in 55 Broadway I
wouldn't need a car. Living an hour and a half north, I am very
comfortable with two off-street (open air) places; although for half the
time we've lived here we've only had one car, so that's overkill.
There's also sufficient visitor parking.

I do miss having a garage as a shed-substitute, and for days like today
when I'm loading and unloading in the pouring rain, but one can work
around that.