Old September 19th 16, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Roastmasters. The worst?

On 2016-09-18 22:33:37 +0000, Mizter T said:

Bit difficult to do with a paper ticket!

You're meant to board at the front if you have a paper ticket, but
experience suggests the London bus driver mentality continues to be not
to give a monkey's about revenue, so nothing is done about it.

No you're not.

Only those with Saver tickets (no longer sold) need to board at the
front, and present the tear-off half to the driver.

See the sign on the door he
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/717/20036305714_6862073c64_o_d.jpg

New Routemaster drivers have no role in checking tickets apart from
collecting the chits from the Saver tickets that is.

(I recall a bendy bus driver deciding he didn't like the look of
someone who had got on at the middle door and hadn't touched in. He
said something over the PA, and the slightly befuddled passenger
walked up to the front and showed the driver his paper Travelcard.)

Unusual

Yep, I couldn't see anything objectionable about the passenger either.
Driver having a bad day perhaps.