Old September 19th 16, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Is Uber Bleeding to Death?

Robin9 wrote:

tim...;158053 Wrote:
came into my in box via my linkedin account

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/uber-...jared-carmel-2

posted without comment (for now)

tim

---

Interesting. What surprises me is that Uber is deemed to be
losing money hand over fist. Not making enough profit to
provide investers with a satisfactory return is one thing.
Actually making a substantial loss is another. As Uber's
drivers are paid only a percentage of what customers are
charged, in London at least the business must show a profit
before overheads are included. Are Uber's overheads far
too high?

Uber's overheads are famously low. Why do you think Uber is making a profit
in London? It doesn't even make a profit in the US.

Uber makes no attempt to make a profit. It is pouring investment funds into
growth, with the aim of a mega IPO.

"Uber's losses and revenue have generally grown in lockstep as the
company's global ambitions have expanded. Uber has lost money quarter after
quarter. In 2015, Uber lost at least $2 billion before interest, taxes,
depreciation and amortization. Uber, which is seven years old, has lost at
least $4 billion in the history of the company."

"Subsidies for Uber's drivers are responsible for the majority of the
company's losses globally"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...t-half-of-2016