Old September 19th 16, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Roastmasters. The worst?

On Sunday, 18 September 2016 15:16:44 UTC+1, wrote:
I had the distinct ... erm ... pleasure of riding on Roastmaster (a.k.a.
Borisbus) the other day.

I am neither a designer nor an automotive engineer, but I think that it
is safe to say that this is a poorly designed vehicle pretty much by
anybody's standards and that this is also what happens when you push
through a vanity project. Where was the oversight committee on this?

I was on one bus that had openable windows on its upper deck, though I
still felt extremely nauseous. I did this after the heatwave and I don't
easily get motion sickness, thus making me wonder if there are issues
with exhaust venting.

The Roastmaster is not fantastic but I think it has some good points. I think they are quieter than normal buses and they don't lurch around as much; normal buses seem to have only an emergency brake, giving the impression that the driver is constantly rehearsing the very first part of a handbrake turn.

I also liked the internal colours of brass and deep red, and the two staircases. The idea of the three doors was very good. It made boarding and alighting much quicker.

So it was not ALL bad.