Old September 19th 16, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Roastmasters. The worst?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 02:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
The Roastmaster is not fantastic but I think it has some good points. I thi=
nk they are quieter than normal buses and they don't lurch around as much; =

I've never driven a bus but I have driven HGVs and when they're empty the
brakes require a bit of finesse unless you want to do an almost emergency
stop because they're set up to brake well at maximum load. I wonder if an
almost empty bus has the same issues even though the max load as a percentage
of the unladed weight is less.

normal buses seem to have only an emergency brake, giving the impression th=
at the driver is constantly rehearsing the very first part of a handbrake t=
urn.=20

There are seemingly a lot of **** bus drivers working in London in my
experience. A lot of them don't give a toss if people are halfway up or down
the stairs when they accelerate or brake. Probably why you never see many
elderly upstairs even if they can walk ok.

--
Spud