Old May 18th 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

On Mon, 17 May 2004 18:38:07 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On what grounds? As it CLEARLY says on the signs - the validators are
for prepay users.

On the grounds that all Oyster cards have pre-pay functionality and if
you travel beyond your zonal availability the pre-pay element can be
deducted - even if there is NO cash on the card. You must then top up
with cash in order to make another DLR or Tube trip.

Just because it has a prepay facility it doesn't mean you are using
it. If i only travel within the zones of my travelcard then I am not
using prepay. I still maintaiin that I am doing nothing wrong by not
vaidating my travelcard AT ALL when using the DLR (my Travelcard
covers all zones of the DLR)

If I must do so then the signs need to be changed ASAP.